For those that suffer from migraines, finding relief fast is so important. Migraines can be debilitating and disrupt your everyday life. Many people are curious if you can use CBD for migraines.
What is a Migraine?
A migraine headache is characterized by severe throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation on one side of the head. It is frequently accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and excessive light and sound sensitivity. Migraine episodes can persist for hours or days, and the pain can be severe enough to interfere with everyday tasks. For some people, a warning sign called an aura develops before or alongside the headache. Auras can show up as visual abnormalities like flashes of light or blind patches, as well as physical symptoms including tingling on one side of the face, arm, or leg, and difficulties speaking.
What Causes a Migraine?
There are various theories about what biologically causes a migraine, but for each individual, they can often identify what usually triggers a migraine. When triggers are noted, they can be avoided. Some of the most common triggers include:
- Exposure to bright lights of certain smells
- Hormonal shifts
- Changes in sleep patterns or a lack of sleep
- Changes in the weather
- Certain drinks or food
Can Migraines Be Cured?
It is widely believed that there is no cure for migraines. However, there are many things you can do to prevent frequent migraine attacks.
Tips for Navigating Life With Migraines
- Stay hydrated: Dehydration can trigger headaches and migraines in many people. Carrying a reusable cup or water bottle with you can help you remember to drink water throughout the day so you are less likely to become dehydrated.
- Reduce triggers: If you know what tends to trigger a migraine attack, do what you can to avoid it. Sometimes that is easier said than done, but the less you’re triggered, the less likely you are to have a migraine.
- Keep your health a priority: Focusing on improving your health may not only reduce migraine frequency, but it can improve other areas of your health as well. Keep up with doctor’s appointments and consider scheduling a massage, acupuncture, or chiropractor appointment to help relieve stress in your body.
- Practice meditation: Meditation has many benefits. You can include deep breathing, stretching, and positive affirmations into your meditation practice. Wondering about including CBD for migraines? Using CBD products can help you feel calm and relaxed during meditation.
- Get plenty of sleep: Lack of sleep has many adverse effects on your health, so allow yourself around 8 hours of sleep per night. Many people enjoy adding CBD into their bedtime routine to help them feel relaxed and ready for bed.
Ready to Try CBD for Migraines?
While there is no proof that CBD for migraines is effective, many people enjoy incorporating CBD into their daily routine and find that it helps them feel more relaxed. When you’re more relaxed, you may be less likely to feel triggered by stress. When you’re ready to try CBD for migraines, be sure that you purchase CBD from a trusted and reputable brand like Color Up. Color Up uses only the best hemp to create its CBD tinctures, CBD capsules, and CBD isolate. Every product is put through rigorous testing and COAs are available to view online to show proof of purity.