CBD For Dry Skin – Does CBD Oil Help Dry Skin?
Itchy, flaky, red, inflamed… dry skin is something we all want to avoid! In recent years, we have started seeing the many benefits that CBD oil can have on the skin, including the potential of CBD for dry skin. So, does CBD oil help dry skin?
CBD for Dry Skin
There are many CBD benefits for skin, including its ability to help balance skin’s moisture. CBD contains something called endocannabinoids, which work their magic within your body and skin. These endocannabinoids play a huge part in the skin’s oil production because they regulate the excretions of the sebaceous glands. The sebaceous glands are small glands in the skin that secrete sebum, an oily substance, into our hair follicles and makes its way onto the skin’s surface. Too much oil production can cause blockages, aka acne, and too little can mean dry, flaky skin. If the sebaceous glands aren’t functioning properly, other skin disorders can occur as well, such as rosacea.
What Causes Dry Skin?
There are a variety of factors that can cause dry skin, such as:
- Climate: Depending on the kind of climate you live in, your skin might be desperate for moisture year-round. This is a factor we cannot control, but we can control what we put on our skin to keep it hydrated and nourished.
- Age: As we get older, our skin starts to show more signs of dryness because, over time, our skin will lose some of the natural oil production. That coupled with sun damage we have experienced over our lifetime and changing hormones can mean dry skin.
- Seasons: If you live in an area that experiences varying seasons throughout the year, you have probably noticed that your skin seems to be drier in the fall and winter. During these times the outdoor humidity tends to drop, and inside, we turn on our heaters which can suck any remaining moisture out of the air.
- Frequent Hand Washing: In the year 2020, we all washed our hands more than we have before. This can be bad news for our hands. The same thing goes for if you bathe frequently. Washing in hot water with soap can strip oil from your skin, leading to more dryness.
- Skin Conditions: Certain skin conditions can cause dry skin, such as eczema, psoriasis, or other kinds of dermatitis (inflammation of the skin).
How to Treat Dry Skin with CBD
Skincare products with CBD can be a gamechanger when it comes to dry skin! There are a variety of CBD products available to help soothe, hydrate, balance, and nourish skin. A rich, creamy CBD daily moisturizer is an ideal place to start. Applying it day and night after cleansing the skin will help you see results. Speaking of cleansing, using a gentle CBD facial cleanser will help your skin maintain some of the healthy oils it needs to stay balanced while washing away dirt and bacteria. For areas of the skin that are affected by eczema or psoriasis, a CBD treatment oil or CBD salve are two options for adding some extra moisture and CBD to irritated and inflamed skin. For those experiencing dry scalp, using a CBD scalp serum can help nourish your noggin and bring relief from flaky dandruff.
Find Relief from Dry Skin with CBD
Don’t let dry skin get you down! Hydrate and nourish your dry skin with high-quality CBD skincare products from Color Up. Whether you’re looking for a salve, eye cream, lotion, oil, cleanser, or more, Color Up has you covered (literally). Color Up skincare products are used across the country by estheticians and skincare enthusiasts because they really work. If you’re ready to see how CBD oil can help dry skin, pick up a sample kit to see which products work best for you!
Created by The Evoke Group.